Re: the linux myth

At 06:20 PM 9/18/99 -0700, nonlinear wrote:
>i've read dvorak since the mid-80's and he's rarely been complimentary
>of microsoft or bill gates. anyway, i'll believe it when i see it. and
>if it's superior, then i'll go for it. in the meantime, i'll just to
>subject myself to the tyranny of ms os's for my trading platforms :))
>i'm more interested in making money trading than bumming code.
>
>TJ

I tend to agree. I pretty much have zero brand loyalty; good experiences
with a company and its products will give me a positive outlook on future
products, but they have to continually earn my respect. On the other hand,
I have 100% loyalty for the end-user (i.e., me).

I look at it the way I view airline competition. I love having SouthWest
Airlines in the markets I travel most. I try to avoid them, as I don't like
the cattle car approach to a superior on-time record. But I love the effect
they have on the prices and products offered by the airlines I do fly.

Allan