Re: commodity returns YE 1999

nothing wrong with most of them ...

remember, return on say 50k going to 100k is 100% - easy.

but, return on say 2 billion going to 4 billion is also 100% - but hard,
assuming even with very powerful always win trading system, the fund
cannot at any single instance buying 100000 sp contracts and then dump
all of dump 2 pts higher :) so, they must diversify into different type
of markets, not just 1 single stock market.

those wonderful ads are for small guys and poor who intended to get rich
quick and do not mind to blow them all quick too :)

why some equity fund doing great - same reason, they are taking the
ultimate risk of "investing" (better term is "gambling") 90% of the fund
into high risk stocks and hoping the general direction of the US stock
market
(which is up) will take them up up away. so, the equity funds are in fact
way more high risk than most of the future funds ... if you do not mind
one day when you wake up and lose it all ...

-Lawrence Chan