Re: Build 23 woes

At 9:24 PM -0600 9/13/99, Gary Fritz wrote:

>Questions:
>
>* Has anybody else had a problem with GPF at startup after installing
>build 23?  How did you fix it?  (I fixed it by reverting to b21. :-)
>
>* If you have NOT installed b23, and you're still running b21, can
>YOU add futures symbols to your portfolio?  Or is this problem unique
>to my system?

I upgraded to Build 23 on a Windows NT4.0 machine some time ago with
only one minor problem. I had also used the latest symbol universe
from the Omega Web site and found that I could not add any symbols at
all to the Symbol Universe (some kind of data base error). After
trying several things suggested by Omega support, I finally went back
to the Symbol Universe I had used from the Built 21 CD ROM. From then
on everything has worked fine.

Two issues to watch for:

   > Built 23 overwrites your Holiday set-up so you need to re-enter the
     1999 holidays.

   > The original Build 23 patch on the Omega site had bugs which were
     later fixed WITHOUT CHANGING THE BUILD NUMBER. So it may be worthwhile
     to make sure you have the latest version from the Web Site.

Bob Fulks