Build 23 woes

A few times I've mentioned a problem I'm having where I can't add new
futures symbols to my TS4 portfolio.  (I *can* add stocks.)  A
helpful gentleman at OR Tech Support suggested it was possibly caused
by Y2K problems.  Which is not entirely implausible, since it might
be looking 4 or so contracts ahead when it tries to create the new
symbol.  It's been a long time since I last successfully added a new
symbol.

I'd been resisting the Y2k upgrade, given various problems I'd heard
on the list.  But if that would fix the problem, I'd risk it.  So I
gritted my teeth and installed build 23.  Now the Server won't run at
all -- it bombs with a GPF right after the splash screen plots.

Questions:

* Has anybody else had a problem with GPF at startup after installing
build 23?  How did you fix it?  (I fixed it by reverting to b21. :-)

* If you have NOT installed b23, and you're still running b21, can
YOU add futures symbols to your portfolio?  Or is this problem unique
to my system?

Thanks,
Gary