Re: How to get TS2k to run well (was 2K for sale)

any corrections during defrag should get logged. Ullrich? also, in my
experience, defrag on w95 won't run if there are problems, it will tell you
to run scandisk.

scandisk won't trash a hard drive. it will tell you the hard drive is
trashed, but it won't cause it. don't shoot the messenger. chkdsk has a lot
more flags you can use, some of which can trash the hard drive.

there's also a problem running w95 that i've seen a lot and may be the same
on NT - scandisk will fail half way thro the disk and restart - it will do
this about 10 times before notifying you that 'some other process' was using
the hard drive causing it to restart. i think the warning message was also
one where you can click on 'don't show me this again'.