Re: Signal -> BMI: converting data

On Mon, 13 Sep 1999, Dennis Holverstott wrote:

> The first step is to install the BMI server if it isn't already
> installed. You should have installed all the servers the first time you
> installed it - i learned that one the hard way.

Don't we all :-). TS should come with a few sheets entitled "Here's what
you REALLY need to do when installing TS"<g>.

> If not, reinstall TS and
> tell it to install ALL the servers. Tell it not to overwrite anything. I
> don't know but I would guess it's kind of a PITA if you've upgraded to
> b23 as b23 doesn't have a full install program. Previous builds have
> refused to install an older build over a newer build. You might need to
> rename some files or directories and then do some file copying to get it
> to install. (don't ask for details, i don't know)

Uh oh - I can see some major storm clouds in this picture...

> Finally copy out the Signal data from the Signal server and paste it
> into the BMI server. Most symbols will paste in fine. A few will need
> some renaming like the SP futures. Signal: SP = day only, WP = globex.
> BMI: SP = 24 hour, DSP = day only.

Do you do the rename after importing the data, or do you need to set up
the names before the import?

> GOOD LUCK!

Somehow, from your description, I think I'll need a bit...

Thanks much,

Larry