Re: Stochastics

----- Message d'origine -----
De : nonlinear <keptinkaos@xxxxxxxxx>
À : <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Envoyé : lundi 13 septembre 1999 17:04
Objet : Re: Stochastics

> given what i know about larry from private (and undisclosed) info, i'd
> bet on lw. he has a lot of unpublished research that he had shown to
> others and they took it and ran with it from what i had understood. and
> he raised some private hell with another well known vendor who took and
> published some of lw's research for his own. i'd tell ya the name, but
> hell, you wouldn't believe it anyway, so what's the point???
>
> most of these guys are in bed with each another to the point where it's
> damn near incestous!!! :)) and that's exactly my point
>
> TJ

Anway, writing the stochastic indicator should hae been the first idea to come
in mind for any technical analyst.

It's the usual and simples normalization  idea for a variable, and has been around in various domain.
To code the value on a 0 -100 scale of its previous range is an idea that does not need Einstein's help.

Adding a 3 bars exponential average to the oscillator value to smooth the result, do it a second time over
the first smoothing, and observe that there are crossovers, frankly, the Nobel prize is still far for the author,
whoever he could be.

Same apply to Bollinger Bands:
Plotting the 2* Stdev above and below the mean is nothing else than a consequence of the standard deviation
definition.

Seems that it has been easy in thearly times of technical analysis to someone with a college math background,
to devise indicators and give their own name that are nothing than well known things in other scientific domains for centuries.
The trick was to be the first to apply this to a chart.
But most of us were too young to have a chance to make these great discoveries.

Rgds,

PO