Re: How to get TS2k to run well (was 2K for sale)

I have a fair bit of crap (err...ah... excellent 3rd party software) on my
NT machine and it still works just fine with TS2Ki, eSignal, eudora email,
Lotus 123, Excel, MSword, and 3-4 IE 5.0 browser windows running.  The key
to stability on my system was to add Diskeeper  5.0 from Executive Software
with automatic defrag set to happen between 1am and 6am every night.  I
don't have any games installed on my machine, just MS Office 97, Lotus 123,
and a few other utility and graphics packages which I never run during
trading hours.   I had McAfee antivirus installed briefly but that made the
system very unstable, so I went back to relying primarily on
F-PROT  (available free for individual home use from www.complex.is) for
virus protection.  -uf