Re: DynaStore for Quote.com

----- Message d'origine -----
De : Ron Dawes <ron@xxxxxxxxx>
À : <qcharts@xxxxxxxxxxx>; <qfeed@xxxxxxxxxxx>; <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>; <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Envoyé : vendredi 10 septembre 1999 19:18
Objet : DynaStore for Quote.com

> Is finally ready!!  Go to http://dynastore.trading.net for more info.
>
> Thanks for your patience.  We believe it will be worth it.
>
> Ron

I have had a look on this web site.
There is a legal issue that you may do not know for this kind of adapter, regardless to the complexity of the process added.

Datafeed converters have been around in the past, and all of them were using DBC Omega server as a trojan horse.
This involves a modification of the DBC server EXE file, and probably some reverse engineering on a file that belongs to Omega
The considered server was developed ( compiled at least) by Omega, so it is their property.
Modification of this file is a legal issue between the datafeed converter developer and Omega Research, no more,and it is not my problem in any case.

Things are different with Prosuite 2000 DBC server.
The Omega Global server for DBC   acts as a server gateway overlaid on the DBC original server developed by DBC, and that is te property of DBC.

So, the above converter in this case need to modify the DBC server, and I suppose , without the authorization of DBC.
If it's not the case, please foget the thread, but until now, I was not seeing DBC as a freeware provider.

The question is: How is solved the legal issue with this kind of adapter ?
Any software license do not allow to use the product by modifying te cose or a part of it without the written permission of the developer.
So, has the Dynastore developer the authorization of DBC and Omega to use their files in a way that was obviously not the initial intention of the software  developers ( read DBC  and Oega Research).

An other question:
What are the legal issue is for a given reason, the wild and unofficial adapter provides misfunctions of the Omega Sofware, trade errors and so on ?

The last issue is more a concern for us, european users:
Prosuite interfaces with a lot of datafeed that offers only the north american markets (DBC, PC Quote)  and /or are unavailable here (DTN, BMI).
The choice is very narrow, and the only valid solution here is SP ComStock in terms of market coverage.
They have an excellent broadcast datafeed ( Xpress Feed 64kb, upgradable to 128 or  256k) , and also a very good internet datafeed ( ComStock on the Net or COTN)  quite inexpensive with the same service.

Stocks, options  futures bonds forex for most important mondial markets are available.

For the moment, the Xpress feed interface  fro TS2000 is not ready, and COTN interface even not considered.
And more , they broadcast all the ticks, what is not always  the case for competitors, and without delay.

And do not tell me that Omega is unable to develop a server for ComStock !

The availability of this feed to Prosuite users  is the best solution available, regardless their location.

Instead of looking at amateur solution like the above, you shoud explain to Omega  that you are interested in this solution

So, I wait this solution, but you should think to it too.

Sincerely,

Pierre Orphelin
www.sirtrade.com