Re: UMDS

I have been using the UMDS and the SDK for over a year now and while I do
not yet have a replacement I am not at all happy with the UMDS.  I am
looking at the Quote.com service as a replacement with a proprietary
database as a long term storage solution.

IMHO:

1.  There is no level of reasonable support for the product.  I have a
dedicated computer that runs nothing other than the UMDS and I have had
repeated crashes that occur during the nightly update that Kent has been
notified about several times and has yet to suitably address.  The crashes
have been documented and there has not been any real effort on their behalf
to fix this.

2.  There is no capability to import data or edit bad ticks. This is a major
league problem.

3.  Version 3 is a myth.  Read the website - between the lines I read
something along the lines 'there is no future in this product.  If some
equity partner happens to come along and dump a pile of money into the
project only then will it be completed.'

4.  The reality is that the market for this product has likely disappeared
and that the internet solutions will like take over.

I hope that I am wrong about this product and it's future. However, after a
year of using it and dealing with the empty shell of a company behind it I
can not believe that it can be considered a viable solution.

Steve Helme