Re: rain-fade

  • To: <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: rain-fade
  • From: "Thomas Brun" <TDBRUNkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 09:19:24 -0500 (EST)

I would like to say that something In regards to this issue of Rain Fade.  I
live in new England and I have had Satellite service through BMI since 1985.
This problem of Rain Fade did not occur until the satellite malfunctioned
this year and BMI then switched to a weaker satellite.  I can't fault  BMI
for the satellite malfunction but it would be nice if they found a stronger
bird.  DTN claims that the satellite that they use is much stronger. Because
I never experienced this problem in the past I can safely assume that if and
when Trade Station accepts DTN's format  or if BMI changes to a stronger
satellite this problem will no longer exsist for me.    I am now on Cable
for my BMI data but I would prefer satellite without Rain Fade.

So my point is this.I think that the signal strength of the satellite is a
factor that is not being looked at in this issue.

Regards,

Tom..