Re: System in EL

At 10:10 PM -0500 12/30/98, Alex wrote:

>Could somebody from the group help me in writing a system in Easy Language.

>I would like to write a system defined in following manner:

>  - buy when Linear Regression crosses above a Simple Moving Average and
>    today's Lin. Regression is higher than yesterday's.

>  - sell when Lin. Reg. crosses below a Simple Moving Average and today's
>    Lin. Reg. is lower than yesterday's.

>The code for Lin. Reg is attached.

>The help would be appreciated.

Try the attached code. It buys and sells next bar at the market. You can
change this as you require.

Bob Fulks

Input: LR.Len(10), MA.Len(10);

Vars: LReg(0), Ave(0);

LReg = LinearRegValue(Close, LR.Len, 0);
Ave  = Average(Close, MA.Len);

if LReg crosses over Ave and LReg > LReg[1] then
   Buy next bar at market;

if LReg crosses under Ave and LReg < LReg[1] then
   Sell next bar at market;