tick with bollinger bands

Group,

Was wondering if anyone here has written showme's or a system using the tick
and bollinger bands. On a 5min chart I set the length to 12 and std at 2. In
choppy markets a piercing on the bands tends to lead to good countertrend
scalps, at least, even though tick almost always lags price. Also, most swing
highs and lows it seems are marked with tick outside the bands. Anyhow, I use
this in a discretionary manner but just wondered if anyone out there ever
fiddled around with testing this as an entry/exit parameter.

thanks,
Campy