Re: Deflation vs. Disinflation

Dictionary of Financial Terms, 3rd edition by Barrons
Deflation: decline in prices of good and services;
not to be confused with disinflation which is slowing down in
the rate of price increases.
So  if the prices are going up but the rate of that
is decreasing  - disinflation.

Disinflation:
Price: 20, 30, 39 ,47, 54, 60, 65, 69, 72, 74, 75 -
Rate:      10,  9,  8,  7,  6,   5,   4,   3,     2,   1

Deflation:
Price: 75, 74, 73....70
Rate: does not matter.
Val.