Re: Deflation vs. Disinflation

A simple explanation (good enough for most uses)
Disinflation is when inflation is still above 0 but declining.  In other
words, since GDP deflator is still above 0 but declining we are currently
in a disinflation.

Deflation is when the inflation rate is actually negative.

At 01:01 PM 12/10/98 -0500, Roger Fortier wrote:
>Anyone care to tell me what is the difference between deflation and
>disinflation? I thought these were the same but I often hear people talk
>about them as if they were seperate.

Stewart Taylor
Taylor Fixed Income Outlook
Voice: 501-219-9774