Re: Welcome

Tom,

I thought I'd let the flames die down before jumping in w/ a "welcome" of
my own. The last time I saw you was at my local Austin Association of
Futures Traders  meeting some 3 or 4 yrs ago when you gave a fantastic
presentation. I don't recall that it was on any specific topic, except
maybe general advice on using trading systems, plus lotsa personal
anecdotal sharing on the many people  you've met & worked w/ over the
years. You also were quite gracious in answering  everyone's questions
(including this newbie's). At the time I believe you'd been recently
associated w/ Van Heusington (sp?) & his bond fund; also as a partner(?) in
Logical Information Machines (LIM) here in Austin. It was through your
generosity as a fellow member of AAFT (as was Joe Ross @ the time) that I
came to know LIM & Gibbons Burke (then @ LIM as person in charge of data
integrity; also as an editor of Futures magazine -- still is). He's since
moved on to Quote.com.

I came away w/ a strong sense of "can do", offset by careful cautions about
how truly difficult it is in this industry. Since then I've sucked up every
shred of information I could from AAFT (insert plug here for a great
non-profit mentoring group <g>), seminars, teachers, etc., etc. I'm finally
on my own, trading for a living. I've met some incredible people along the
way (many from this forum, so please give them a break) & made some
wonderful friendships.

I certainly hope your foray into the net & forums grdauates to a more
productive level. Don't let the heavy stuff get you down. DO take seriously
their admonitions about spamming -- this list is deservedly sensitive about
it, as we've had more than our share in the past. On the whole, there's a
fabulously creative opportunity here due to lots talent & diversity. Just
be patient. Again, Welcome!

Michael Guess