RE: Level II

I'm incline to initially agree with Brian here but I still do not know
enough to disagree with Shawn.
The obvious negative would be the cost of level 2 verses level 1.
Commissions are ruffly twice for level 2 and the quote system fees not
depending on locking yourself in to x amount of trades to get the free
services is more than twice that of level 1. So you start out with a higher
fix overhead which demands more trades which presents more opportunity for
loss. The thinking of the public and what is advertised is the advantage of
level 2 because of seeing the inside MM. I would agree if this takes away
the need to be a good trader and depend only on your advantage like a pit
broker can in the futures pits. If trading ability is required then I would
say level 1 is the better way to go. Any comments from those you have done
both might put some more input on this discussion.

Robert