Re: Unidentified subject!

In a message dated 9/16/98 11:10:49 AM, ema01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<<I'd like to pose a general trading question to the list concerning ideas
and opinions of software and/or methods members are using to keep track of
trades (stocks or otherwise) throughout the year for P/L tracking, ROI, tax
accounting purposes, etc.  I've heard of folks using a program called
Captools and also Excell and MS-Money/Quicken.  Any feedback?>>

Seems like much ado about nothing.  Anything more sophisticated than a simple
spreadsheet is probably more trouble, expense and agravation than waranted.
You will spend too much time inputting the data, creating and resolving errors
and not enough time doing things that matter.  Best solution is to have a good
accountant and copy him in on all the statements. Then spend all the time you
saved trying to be a better trader.  This should more than pay for the
accountant.  However if you like clerical work you can buy some very expensive
programs that will keep you busy for hours.  The more complex and time wasting
they are the more they cost.

Chuck
traderclub.com