Re : TS 5 and French Wind Spouts

Dans un courrier daté du 25/08/98 22:30:43  ,  Tim Morge écrit :

<<
 Pierre:

 Well, now that we suffered through your long-winded french diatribe, we all
see
 you added NOTHING to the discussion. Instead of throwing about your lofty
prose
 and puffing and preening in front of a mirror, can't you state some FACTS?

Would you like also that I send some compliments for this interesting thread ?

<<
 I, for one, want to know if what Earl and a few other people posted here
about
 TS 5 is not true.

So start to avoid to read anything an take it for sure.
Earl has no right to comment TS5 because he do not know anything to it.
He coments something from an other comment.
This is the best way to transmit gossips.

<<
 If you know that they are wrong, then take a deep breath, try
 to answer with simple, clear english, and then tell us all what you perceive
the
 truth to be. I'll read a simple reply from you and I am sure others will as
 well.

It's not worth to comment any of thes supputations .
I would like to do it from any contributor that is not so excessive.
But I can't (and I do the same, as you can... smell).
I'm on this list for years and I have sent a lot of time to destroy these
false information.
Who remember the dozen of posts to fight most of the false assumptions that I
found in the Omegabug.doc  file from Phil York (althougt ths wark was
remarkable on the coorect points) ?
I'm not the only one to do this , but we are a very few.
Some have left because they did not like the sempiternal bashing prevailing
here.
This list has no interest if you continue to do what you do with it.
It will remain a bunch of old disappointed  traders and frustrated programmers
with no value added.

Be positive sometimes. Is it so difficult ?

<<
 Just don't litter the list again with all this pompous nonsense. Stop
 trying to intimidate other people and just be value added for once.

I like to be provocative when nothing different work.
And believe me, Mark Brown is an angel when comparing with what I could be
able to do.

<<
 Now, please post your opinion of TS 5, if you have one that contradicts what
has
 most recently been posted here.

My opinion is that I have no opinon.
More I cannot as I use Comstock and cannot yet beta test  TS5 realtime
The white papers states that several functions are not optimized for speed,
and tha comparison made is invalid.
You compare a server with an other without knowing what it does.
The UMD3 server needed by TradeLab is not ready , and you compare the UMDS v.2
with a beta of the Omega server without knowing the initial condition.
In fact the Omega Server should be close of the UMDS3.

Both are not in a development state that allow only one thing: to write stupid
things on them .
Mission was accomplished.
And now  ?
It's nothing serious, just gossip and more.

FYI what is the interest to compare the performance of Ensign 16 bits with TS5
beta.
Who uses Ensign ?

And even if it's faster thanTS5, it does not solve the problem of winning
trading systems.
Seems that most of you forget this on this list.
Maybe it's not so important...

Regards and the like.

PO