Re: Calculation not same in TS4.0 and DJ TS5.0

Please see my other posting from today on the Newsgroup Peter - I am
nearly certain this is caused by the same inconsistency. -Ralph Vince

---Peter Ryan <pryan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have a formula that does not seem to be calculating correctly.
>
> It is a modified stochastic.  maxbarsback is set to 100.
>
> The formula is basically - Plotk = myav ( %K(length),smooth)
>
> On Dow Jones TradeStation 5.0 it calculates as I expect - in
particular when currentbar=1, it uses the previous stochastic values
in the smooth.

> However the same formula on Omega TS 4.0 does not seem to calculate
the previous stochastic values.  The first Plotk uses only the %K
calculated on barnumber 1 - the rest are zero.

> As the bar count increases, the two versions gradually converge into
the same value (a few hundred bars later) and then stay together.

> I have checked these calculations with Excel, and checked the code.
 The %K is calculated correctly in each case.