Ets & System trading

It seems that all are in an up roar over the recent postings.. I
think many people are forgetting some of the most important aspects
of trading.. I am a broker who specializes in executing trades for
clients and MOST of the time I see it is the clients who don't follow
their systems exactly as they are developed... they try to second
guess them.. this only leads to fustration and failure.. and it is
always easier to blame someone else than themselves.. I also see
traders put 99.9% of their time and effort into a system and 0% into
the Discipline needed to trade that Holy Grail system.  What does one
do when he is trading his new system that has had great historical
results and now that he is trading it experiences 3 or 4 losses in a
row..Unfortunatly many times he quits and says the system is NO
GOOD..then lo and behold that next trade is a great one that would
have made up all those losses..This is what trading is..Trading takes
guts ...

 My suggestion as an experienced vetern of trading is work on
Discipline.. read Mark Douglas's book.. Disciplined trader and again
reread it.. Then realize there is NO HOLY GRAIL..success in trading
comes from trading several types of systems on several time frames.
and most of all be amply capitalized..This is a hard process but this
is work and no one can do it for you.. there are no short cuts..
Someone could post the Holy Grail code on the front page of the
newspaper but if you didn't have Discipline..as they say in
Brooklyn.. forget about it...

Good luck trading..

Andy Abraham cta
Angus Jackson