System Vendors -

Hello Everyone.

 Some thoughts::

       For the purchaser:

            We always see the question posted:  Does anyone have experience
with Joe Blow's XYZ system.  It is my humble opinion, that first I would bet
that virtually none of the systems sold purporting to make you money will do
so as claimed over the long run.  But 2ndly,  everyone of these systems you
investigate, and partake of can teach you something.  So the object is to keep
the cost of education in line.  If I can learn from spending 200 - 500 bucks
thats okay.  3 to 4 thousand is a bit steep.  Thats a bunch of 500 dollar
lessons, and I probably won't learn anymore then from the cheaper ones.  ALso
the education will take time and work.  Nothing is free or comes easy.

          For the vendor:

            It is almost a given that if you sell a system or whatever as a
tradestation add on, that sooner or later someone will crack it, and post your
code.  Thats almost a fact of life.   So.  If its really great and you want to
keep it a secret then don't sell it, trade it.   If on the other hand you want
to be in the sales, helping people business, and are trading your product, do
so, help some, recognize some will take it for nothing, but forget it.   When
I hear someone scream as ETS's owner has, I can't help thinking, this guys
livelihood depends on this, which means he isn't probably trading it
profitably.   One way to make people feel comfortable is offer a guarantee.
One with substance.  One that says I stand behind my idea, and have the
confidence to say,  If not happy you can have your money back.   Out of
curiousity  I went to the ETS website, and buried I found the ETS guarantee.
I think it speaks for itself

                           Pete

The guarantee::

System Guarantee

No one can guarantee that you personally will be profitable in the
markets, and as you know, past performance is no guarantee of future
results. However, WE GUARANTEE, CERTIFY and state to you that
previously, the system performed in substantially the same manner that
we have shown on the above charts for the depicted market and time frame
without optimization and that all charts submitted by us to you with
trades depicted, are charts of actual trading signals generated by ETS
on the data and time period shown with the default system settings,
without optimization or curve fitting. Upon your purchase of our
program, your TradeStation or SuperCharts will show substantially the
same trades as ours when applied to the same data and time periods. The
sole basis for all technical analysis of future price movement is based
on what the system did historically. We therefore believe the system
will continue to perform well in the future, although we obviously
cannot guarantee this as no one knows for sure.