RE: The most significant event since man walked on the Moon!!!!!

At 11:04 AM 6/6/98 -0700, Brian Massey wrote:

>My personal philosophy when buying software is that as long as the package
>from the big company does what I need, then I go with that.  It's what
>everybody else is buying and what will be best supported.  That's why I use
>mainly MS products.
>
>My point is this: If TradeLabs gives you something that Tradestation
>doesn't then you have to take a chance and jump in.  It's more risk, but
>maybe it will give you a better market edge which is definitely worth
>taking the risk.
>
>Good Trading,
>Brian.

Brian,
  This would seem to argue for staying with TradeStation, because it is
backed by the bigger company - exactly my point - UNLESS the other company
shows enough of an advantage to warrant the risk in switching.
  Will this new company be able to stay in business, and will it be able to
continue to provide product support even if it does not make enough money
from sales to keep operating?
  As to Mark's point, that Bob makes his money trading, that is (or should
be, I think) irrelevant, because any good business keeps itself separate
from personal funds, and measures its viability on its own receipts. For
real now, the business could fold and Bob continue to make millions
trading. He is not doing this as a charity you know!

David Cicia