RE: The most significant event since man walked on the Moon!!!!!

  • To: "omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: The most significant event since man walked on the Moon!!!!!
  • From: Brian Massey <bnm03@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jun 1998 10:13:13 -0700

David,

That's a great question.

But I don't think it's answerable.  It's like asking "Where's the market
going to close tomorrow?"  You really  don't know, the same way you don't
really know if Tradelabs will be around for the long haul.  That guy with
the TS block of 1, didn't know if Omega would stay in business.  All he
knew is that it solved his problem like no other software could at the
time.  So he took a chance, bought Tradestation and it still works for him.

Also it's important to point out that Omega could be sold off or buckle
under too.  Look at Equis software.  Who ever said product development
isn't important was full of it.  Making sure you're adequately staffed to
bring a product market ON TIME before your competitor is extremely
important.  Omega kicked Equis's butt because they were first to market
with a Windows-based package.  By the time Equis finally released their
Metastock for windows it was too little too late.  All the marketing in
world couldn't help them.  Their grave was dug during development.

My personal philosophy when buying software is that as long as the package
from the big company does what I need, then I go with that.  It's what
everybody else is buying and what will be best supported.  That's why I use
mainly MS products.

My point is this: If TradeLabs gives you something that Tradestation
doesn't then you have to take a chance and jump in.  It's more risk, but
maybe it will give you a better market edge which is definitely worth
taking the risk.

Good Trading,
Brian.