RE: Falure to establish communication & NT 4.0

  • To: "'Carroll Slemaker'" <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Falure to establish communication & NT 4.0
  • From: Brian Massey <bnm03@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Mar 1998 18:54:49 -0800 (PST)

Pundits of TS running under NT will tell you that TS is not optimized for
NT.  They'll wine about how the 16-32bit conversion process hampers TS
charting performance so you don't get your ticks updated as fast.  They'll
makes inferences about how that can affect your bottom line.  NT has to
convert therefor you don't the information as fast, therefor you don't the
information you need to trade with as fast.  That's balloney!  Don't listen
to that (like I did).  I've run TS4.0 under both and I'm here tell you that
it seems as if TS4 was made for NT not Win95.  There's no perceptable
difference in charting performance or any other feature of TS under NT.

Under NT I could go away for a week, or two, or three, leave my server
running and rest assured my system was collecting data. In Win95 I get a GP
every 2 days so I can't leave knowing my machine will collect data.  Under
Win95, the hassle factor has gone through the roof!

Hopefully Win98 will alleviate this and work more like NT.  I suspect
however, that for the kind of rock solid performance I need, going back to
NT is my only option.

Brian.