Re:setting alert to false

There was a previous message about setting resetting an alert so that it would update after every bar. The coding said to add the line alrtflg=false after the line alert=true. I tried that this week and it seem it disabled my alert triggers and I did not get any alerts after the first alert. Could somebody please verfy if I am doing this correct. This are the lines I added in my coding... If Checkalert then alert = true alert = false
In the original message instead of having alert = false it was alrtflg =false, but powereditor could not recognize the word when I typed it.