Re: (Fwd) venom

The independent forums I participate in for many other products are
frequently monitored by the manufacturer's tech. support people. They
learn about new problems, suggest fixes and workarounds, and try to find
solutions. Borland and Microsoft products come to mind.

Microsoft maintains an extensive searchable knowledge base that contains
descriptions of known bugs, together with workarounds. They post Service
Packs with bug fixes on a regular basis.

Problems that are ignored fester.

Allan

NJ Brown wrote:

> From:          "NJ Brown" <njb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To:            omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
> Date:          Wed, 14 Jan 1998 14:16:15 +0000
> Subject:       venom
>
> The level of venom in some of the postings here is breathtaking. It
> goes *way* beyond any consumer complaints I've ever encountered for
> any other product.

<snip>