Re: security block is missing

If you've already done the SSIACT.EXE thing properly and reset your SET SSI
statement in AUTOEXEC.BAT and shut your computer down -- complete power off
-- then re-booted & it still doesn't work, you've likely got a problem with
your Parallel Port.

One possible solution that sometimes works is to plug a printer into the
port in back of the Security Block and make sure the printer is ON.  Re-boot
and see if this takes care of the problem.

If not, your next best bet is to get an add-on card for a second Parallel
Port at your local computer store.  Install it and use it ONLY with the
Security Block.  Depending on the configuration of your computer and how
many system resources are not being used, (IRQs), you may or may not be able
to add a 2nd Parallel Port without disabling some other device-- such as a
sound card.

If all of this sounds too difficult, you need a qualified Hardware Geek to
do it for you.

Apparently the SafeSoft solution is also workable, but I haven't tried it
personally and it I think is costs about $250.

Good Luck!