Re: security block is missing

James B. Kerwin wrote:

> i am getting the "security block is missing.please install the
> security block and try again." but my security block is not
> missing...and never has been.

Jim, I had a similar problem that occurred with an inability to start the news
server.  I would get a GFP fault in the krnlxx.386 and later the system would
not have enough resources.  (I have the krnlupdate)<The security block
missing> would occur intermittently.

OmegaReasearch had me delete corrupted news files and restart.
\omega\server\btc
hdlindb.idx and .dat
storydb.idx and .dat
srccat.idx and .dat

did the trick.  But please doublecheck the specific files with Omega.  E-mail
on their website got an overnoght response.