Re : SuperCharts V.2.x

Pierre,

I am afraid your ethics are not up to the standard that you try to
enforce here from time to time (copyrights etc.).

> 1000 years ago, people were afraid of other irrational things .
> Seems that the millenarist fear is now focused on SC2 (a $295
> product that is 3 years old or so now, i.e 25 cents for a daily use
> u ore programming than intended).

I wonder how many SCs they would have sold if they had
printed on the package:

BUY NOW ! THIS PRODUCT IS USELESS AFTER THE 31.12.1999
UNLESS YOU ARE ONLY INTERESTED IN HISTORIC MARKET DATA !

> Technology has progressed during the past 1000 years, but what about
> human beings ?

No - the ethics remain the same. What you fail to understand is that
it doesn't matter how much the program costs.
Even if it was just a dollar. If it doesn't deliver you can go after
them.

Pierre, regarding this SC 2.1 Y2K problem:

Suppose someone bought the program because of the capabilities
which it is not supposed to have (in your opinion) - Omega never said
that the program was to be crippled - it was sold "as it was" with no
time limit - and he does not want to "upgrade" to 3.0 and he wants to
use the program after 2000.

I would think he would have a pretty good case on his hands to demand
a Y2K upgrade.

BTW: I am pretty sure that Omega will come up with some solution in order
to calm down their investors.

Sincerely,

Gerrit Jacobsen