Re: Re : SuperCharts V.2.x

I have to admit I was taken aback by that statement that I shouldn't be
concerned about my program self-destructing on 12/31/99.  And it's not the
only program I have.  I don't know how many programs my husband and I have
between us - but we have a lot.  I don't think we care to spend $10,000 on
software simply because an entire industry was sloppy.  And - I guess that
the same logic would dictate that we shouldn't be unhappy if our computers
stop working on 12/31/99 (after all - the oldest will be 5 years old then).
Curiously - the only other program I have that's date intensive is an ancient
version of Managing Your Money for DOS - and it seems to be Y2K ok (that's
probably because it has many features that allowed date entry beyond the year
2000 - like the reminder entry for the date your passport expires <g>).

Moreover - for a relative computer illiterate like me - well it took me a
long time to learn how to use SuperCharts - and to incorporate the technical
analysis concepts I've been learning into programming indicators, systems,
etc.  There's a lot more involved in switching programs than writing a
check.  Robyn