Re : SuperCharts V.2.x

Dans un courrier daté du 13/01/98 20:04:48  , Gerrit Jacobsen  écrit :

<<
 The old SC did not need any "wild" Power Editor to use the full
 language. And one does not need any permission from Omega to use
 these capabilities.

The wild Power Editor helped to achieve easily this goal .
Otherwise, you were enforced to fake an " if then" condition to enforce the
SC2 quick editor to accept more EL line than intended.
And copy and paste to / from a text editor to see more than 4 lines.
Same reverse process for readingan debugging a code...
In this sense , you are right, but it was not the way Omega thought that  SC
users would use the product.
So, the crippled SC available now is the answer to a problem that was not
correctly addressed.
You may also consider that SC crippled has fixed a bug in SC2 (a bug is a bug,
yes or no ? Not only when it is annoying ONLY for the end user!!!).

<<
 I think you are getting a little bit carried away when it comes to
 the (legitimate) issue of copyright protection.

Certainly!

<<
 Furthermore it is not an unreasonable question to ask for Y2K
 compliance even for older products.

This was not related to the SC crippled or not version.

<<
 What would you think if the electronic ignition or the ABS of your car
 would stop working on the 1.1.2000 ?

Nothing.
I have sold my Range Rover 7 years ago and use the metro (underground) and the
train. More, my Range Rover was Diesel powered.

<<
 I have not heard that Omega wants to support Y2K for the old SC
 versions - did you ?

Seems to me that Omega has said here that the patch will fit all of their
products, but I'm not 100% sure.
The patch should be related to a DLL that deals with some EL functions.
Maybe they will not for SC2 due to the above bug.
Maybe they could upgrade SC2 users to SC crippled valid after year 2000.

1000 years ago, people were afraid of other irrational things .
Seems that the millenarist fear is now focused on SC2 (a $295 product that is
3 years old or so now, i.e 25 cents for a daily use u
ore programming than intended).

Technology has progressed during the past 1000 years, but what about human
beings ?

Sincerely,

Pierre Orphelin
www.sirtrade.com
Neurofuzzy logic (valid forever) products.
Download our crippled evaluation version for free.