Re: Y2K Problems

>In all of this discussion over recent weeks, the only quasi-valid point I've
>seen is that certain "Leaps" cannot currently be tracked because the
>software does not accept dates past 1999.

Don't forget futures contracts with delivery dates two years out.  I (and
others) need to collect data on these now for spreads and seasonal studies.

>If anyone here has ever managed or owned a business, you will know that you
>simply cannot please everybody - all of the time.  Some esoteric needs may
>temporarily fall through the cracks, but I seriously doubt if 99.999% of
>Omega's customers are tracking Leaps past 1999.  They are a business and a
>business must have priorities to survive.

I'm sure the banks and oil companies would be happy to know that they're
needs are esoteric in tracking deferred futures contracts.  And I seriously
doubt (as you suggest) that only 0.001% of TS users are affected by the
inability to collect data on Leaps AND DEFERRED FUTURES.. you should not
conveniently forget some of the facts to prove your point.

But the fact still remains that if Y2K compliancy such a trival matter,
then we should expect a patch soon, either from Omega or a Solution
Provider.  And if not soon, then WHEN???

                Tony

Even if you're on the right track,
you'll get run over if you just sit there.