Re: How to measure the relative srength of an indicator?

mr_bond@xxxxxx wrote:

>  Hi all,
>
> I need to measure the strength of an accumulation/distribution line
> relative to the security it is being plotted on.  By relative
> strength, I don't mean anything having to do with the indicator RSI,
> but rather to see if the A/D is "outperforming" the security, similar
> to the way you would try to measure the relative strength of a stock
> to an index.

I take it that when you say "outperforming the security" you mean
*price*.  I'm not sure what you mean by "measure" here, but but if you
want to see their values relative to one another, this is easy.  All you
need to do is add the "Accumulation/Distribution" indicator to a chart,
right click it, click "format analysis techniques," highlight it and
click "format," click on "properties," and select subgraph one.  This
will plot the A/D line directly on the price graph.

Regards,
A.J.