Re: SC daily/weekly EL system?

FrankKaeb wrote:

> Is it possible to write a system with SC's quick editor that allows daily and
> weekly indicator signals to be recorded on the same chart so that the system
> can be backtested?  (for example, a system that might need a daily RSI signal
> but only if this signal is in the same direction as weekly momentum)  I have
> not been able to figure this out.

Systems can only differentiate between bars.   In a single chart, you're telling
it how much data to compress in each bar, whether that be so many ticks, minutes,
days, etc.  While you can't do this per se, you can simulate it by adjusting the
imputs - in this case, length.  You'll probably want to play with this a bit,
comparing the alerts or signals with what you're looking for in the weekly, but
there is no reason you can't set this to your liking.  Setting the length at 50
would be a good place to start, and work from there - of course, you can always
let the program decide by optimizing it - use a wide range, though (e.g. 5-100).

Regards,
A.J.