Re: SC daily/weekly EL system?

On Sun, 11 Jan 1998 02:29:11 EST FrankKaeb <FrankKaeb@xxxxxxx> writes:
>Is it possible to write a system with SC's quick editor that allows
>daily and
>weekly indicator signals to be recorded on the same chart so that the
>system
>can be backtested?  (for example, a system that might need a daily RSI
>signal
>but only if this signal is in the same direction as weekly momentum)
>I have
>not been able to figure this out.
>
>Thanks

One way to accomplish what I think  you're trying to achieve is to start
with a daily chart and then insert
in a separate subgraph a weekly plot of the same security.  When doing
so, be sure that the "replace active security" option in the Insert
Security dialog box is NOT checked (I often foget to do this and take out
my initial plot).  Once you have the daily and weekly plots up, you can
plot multiple RSI's (or other indicators) on a third subgraph.  When
inserting the indicator, go to the Properties tab of the dialog box to
make sure that it references the plot you want and that it will be placed
in the right subgraph location.

For application in a system, use data1 or data2 designations (i.e.
RSI(close of data1,len1) >Number1 and Momentum (close of
data2,len2)>Number2)

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Charlie