Re: Re[2]: Missing INTC data in the na980105.omz file

In a message to Rod Grisham dated 98-01-06 16:57:54 EST, you write:

<< The data for INTC and SPX was indeed deleted from the refresh
data prior to posting. The reason being the data was bad. We did not
want anyone to overwrite good data they may have with data we knew
to be bad.

 If you would send me the good data you have I will be happy to paste
in and re-upload the data to our web site. If you also have data for SPX
I would appreciate it very much if you would send it as well. My e-mail
address is melody.blais@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you very much,
Melody Blais
Omega Research
Customer Support>>

Dear Ms. Blais,

I am sending you the INTC intraday data for Jan 5, 1998 that I
manually converted from "bad" data provided kindly by Rod Grisham.
Feel free to upload it on your web site but please be aware that I
make them available "as is," without any guarantee as to their
accuracy.

The problem with the "bad" data was just one BMI tick - the initial tick.
However, because of the way the data is stored in TS, correcting the
first tick does not restore the complete tick file but only the subsequent
59 ticks. The 60th tick has to be corrected again, manually, which, in
turn, will correct the subsequent 59 ticks, and so on, and so on... That
is not all -- extra time and care must be given to computing the correct
value for the first ticks in each group.

I am not surprised that techsupport prefers to delete a file like that
(16,840 ticks) to spending hours on manually adjusting it. But no
one at Omega should be surprised either if people who trade stocks
and depend on high volume data get a bit excited at the prospect of
wasting their time by having to compensate for such a blatant flaw in
your software.

I reported this flaw to Omega's techsupport on September 10, 1996
and asked for it correction. Needless to say, your company has done
nothing in this regard. That is unexcusable.

I hope that B. Cruz calls Rod Grisham tomorrow to discuss how to
finallycorrect this as well as the other deficiency -- the inability to
edit bad ticks for stocks exceeding 33,000 ticks. Rod's suggestions
are reasonable. If adopted, they will make TradeStation a much
better product.  As it is now, it can not be deemed functional for
stock traders.

IU.