Re: Omega and Data

Agreed! -- Omega's data-refresh service is very helpful at times, but it
would be better if they had a second data collection point at some other
distant location so their occasional outages (primarily due to weather, from
what I've seen) would be covered-- preferably using a different data vendor
that BMI.  I realize that collecting refresh data is not their business, so
I guess we should be thankful for whatever we can get.

What about establishing a "tick data bank" that could be contributed to by
members of this list as well as other Omega users?  Omega doesn't track all
of the Stock Symbols that I do and I'm sure there are different Stocks and
Futures data that others would like that Omega does not collect.

Would the FTP Site for this list have enough space available that requested
data could be uploaded on a short term basis?  If not, does anyone have
space available somewhere that might be used for this purpose?  It could be
flushed every few days to avoid unnecessary cluttering with old data.

Just an idea - comments welcome...