Re: Re[2]: Missing INTC data in the na980105.omz file

Dear Melody Blais [of Omega Research Customer Support]:

In a message dated 98-01-06 16:57:55 EST, you partially write:

> Subj:	 Re[2]: Missing INTC data in the na980105.omz file
>  Date:	98-01-06 16:57:55 EST
>  From:	melody.blais@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>  To:	grisham@xxxxxxxxxxx
>  CC:	omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
>
>  Dear Mr. Grisham,
>
>  The data for INTC and SPX was indeed deleted from the refresh data prior to
>  posting. The reason being the data was bad. We did not want anyone to
> overwrite good data they may have with data we knew to be bad.

I can't help but making the observation that if Omega Research's intent was as
your stated above, wouldn't you have included text files (I am referring also
to the contemporaneous SPX problem) with your explanation AT THE TIME of
posting the original individual data files on Omega's ftp server?  But
instead, the text files with the explanation were posted about 24 hours later,
after it became a "big deal" "advertised" on this the Omega-List, etc.

Only trying to keep the record straight for everyone...

Saul Feldman
Customer No: FELDSAUL00  Block No: 1037