Re: "Every Tick" versus End of Bar

Jay Mackro <jmackro@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wonders:
>Bill raises a good question here, and one that is not limited to
>setting the Alert flag = true.  It gets into the question of running
>an indicator on every tick or every bar.  If the latter, things are
>pretty straightforward - the code just executes at the completion of
>each bar.  BUT, if you check "Update every Tick" under the "Properties"
>tab of the Format Indicator page, then it's a whole different
>ballgame.

When you run an indicator "every tick" the variables defined
within that indicator are not stored after the indicator runs.
So, next tick, the thing starts off with the same environment
it had at the start of the bar, ad infinitum until the end of
the bar.  This renders ordinary flag operations useless.

As Pete pointed out, you need an external DLL;
I use Doug Deming's GlobalPro, and wouldn't
do without it.

Jim