Re: Prophet EOD data

Craig Nelson wrote:

> So they recommended, as a workaround, that  I use BetterData via the
> internet connectivity of the Data Downloader found in SC and TS.  So far it
> works OK, most of the time.  I have had problems with gettting data for
> certain dates for the cash indices, as if the data is not available on
> their data server, even though they swear it's there.  They say it's a
> problem with my Data Downloader.  Now, I just plug in the holes with
> Bloomberg's data.

I used this method myself and had the same problem's they just don't get it!You need up to date data! They are a company in denial for sure dude?
I said the for sure dude, because every time I call I get some valley girl.

> I received an email last night about major updates to their software and
> database, but I have yet to see any improvement in my service, data
> quality.  Stuff like this kinda makes me want to open my own data service
> business, just so I can get reliable quotes.

Me too! I went to CSI Unfair Advantage and even though I hate payingtheir licensing fee and their ridiculous 25 dial up attempt limit per month.
And the fact for some crazy reason they elected to label the SF as Y3,
and US as UD and some times I cant get the download on the first
attempt, I like the clean data though they never have responded to any
of my email complaints. I would recommend them till something better
comes along.

Mark

--
Demand Year 2000 Fix Delivery Date for Omega Products!!!
And a proper beta test of TS 5.0 before it is unleashed to the public!

1. Name of Registered User
2. Name of product
3. Block I.D. Number if product has one.
4. Include any comments you wish for Omega if you have any.