Re: Unidentified subject!

  • To: Glenn Schultz <glens@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Unidentified subject!
  • From: Glenn Orlosky <gorlosky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 05:30:07 -0800 (PST)

Well, I could not sleep last night, so I looked at you system again. I see it does need Volume to really give a signal, so
therefor not so good with indexes. I looked at the first few of the Dow 30 and when I came to ALCOA it, like most systems,
didn't adapt well. It basically made no money for the last 1 1/2 while ALCOA skyrocketed mainly because the system didn't sell
out. AMA are fast, try comparing a 200 MA to a 200 AMA verses a 21 AMA to a 21 MA and you'll think you're looking at the same.
Another good test for a system is to compare against Buy & Hold. Take your system and gauge it against a Jan thru Dec against
simply buying and holding. This will let you know how much was really your system and how much was just the market. Remember
one thing when developing a system -  It's just Price and Volume no matter how many ways it's twisted.

Good Luck.
Glenn