[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Joe Dinapoli's Detrended Price Oscillator

Alvin,

1. Due to the forward reference nothing can be done to change the DPO.

2. Use the built in Price Oscillator set at 1(short) and 7(long).

3. Sorry I have no experience with the Dinapoli strategies.

4. I don't trade intraday but there is no reason why the Price
Oscillator would not work for you.

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Alvin Yu <alvinyu2005@xxx>
wrote:

> Hi Preston
>     Thks for it .I did get the proper scale with your new
formula .You are right ,with the below formula,the chart shows as
follow:
>             X:=Input("Periods" ,1,100,7) ;
>             DPO(X)*100
>
>         (Note: the chart only show DPO value up to12/1/08
instead of 12/5/08 as per your message)

>     Can u help further on the below also:
>
> 1) What should be changed to let it show "today"  date value ?
> 2) Thks for your sharing on DPO experience. I was reading a book
from Joe Dinapoli "Trading with Dinapoli Levels" and he uses "Detrend
Oscillator" for Oversold/Overbought tool when it reaches >70% .His
indicator is " Close (today) minus seven day moving average of the
close"
> 3) Do u have trading experience  on Dinapoli Strategies ?
> 4) Do u have any indicators or their combinations that are
reasonable for "Intraday"  and " longer terms --means about 1 week
or 2 " that you can share with me ?Exactly like u said,there are too
many indicators but there may besome excellencent combinations that
are good .

> Hope I am not asking too much from you .
>
> rgds
>

> ________________________________
Oscillator

> Alvin,
>
> Try this:
>
> X:=Input("Periods" ,1,100,20) ;
> DPO(X)*100
>
> The DPO is a built-in metastock indicator. It can be found in the
> dropdown indicator list.
>
> The one I wrote above multiplies the results by 100 which changes
the
> result from decimals to whole numbers.
>
> Since I do not have your other program to reference I have no idea
> what is going on. To tell which is pointed in the right direction,
> look at the last couple of data bars on the chart. If it is up then
> the direction should be up.
>
> Finally, look very closely at the last couple of bars on the chart
> and the indicator. This is called the hard right edge. You should
NOT
> see any data for the indicator on the last 4 bars in your case
since
> you are using a lookback of 7. This is because the DPO uses a
forward
> reference.
>
> Many years ago when I first started using Metastock I ran system
test
> on every indicator in the software. I thought the DPO was a big
> winner and that I had found "The Holy Grail". Then I realized that
> there were a number of faults with its use. The forward reference
was
> one and the number of trades was the other. You will not make money
> if you are having to pay your broker and the DPO had me paying him
> just about every other day.
>
> Preston
>
> --- In equismetastock@ yahoogroups. com, "alvinyu2005"
> <alvinyu2005@ ...> wrote:
> >
> > HiPumrysh
> >
> > I tried the formula Close-Ref( Mov(Close, 7, Simple),4.5) and
> found
> > the followings:
> > 1) The Y-axis is not the +/- 100% but in decimal points
> > 2)The graph should be positive pointing up (used other program to
> > cross reference) buy mine is negative and point downward.
> >
> > Can u help again ?
> > rgds
> >
> > --- In equismetastock@ yahoogroups. com, pumrysh <no_reply@>
wrote:

> > > http://trader. online.pl/ MSZ/e-w-Detrende d_Price_Oscillat
or.html

> > > --- In equismetastock@ yahoogroups. com, "alvinyu2005"
> <alvinyu2005@ >

> > correct :

>       Have a new Yahoo! Mail account? Kick start your journey by
importing all your contacts! http://www.trueswitch.com/yahoo-sg

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: