Re: [EquisMetaStock Group]Volume Accumulation

Carol,

Check this message and see if it helps.

I see a problem with your request...specifically, that is using "a
look back period of three days and a forward look of three days".

Using a forward look of 3 days means that you are not going to have a
calculated value for the last 3 days since you are looking into the
future.

I should also mention that using peaks and troughs are also going to
give some erroneous values since those values are dynamic... not
constant.

What you may want to consider is simply using a manual start date.

Some other thoughts about volume are that we typically don't rely
very heavily on it because it is often not reported correctly and is
prone to corrections after the fact.

Finally, some time ago we had a discussion about a Palmer Indicator
which basically is the gauge used for establishing normal rainfall
values. We can do the same thing in technical analysis by using a
normalized value. In this case it would be normalized volume. If you
are interested do a message search on normalized volume or Palmer
Indicator for the pertinent messages.

Hope this helps,

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Carol Carlile <carlile2b1@xxx>
wrote:

> I want to accumulate volume between two dates.  A starting point
would be a date of a volume climax for a stock's low and then
accumulate volume until the next high.  Can anyone help me write a
formula to do this.  Also I would like to use the highest high with a
look back period of three days and a forward look of three days.
this value would be given a 1 and all other days would be 0.  The
indicator would then give me a 1 and a 0 for the lowest low also for
a 6 day period.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: