[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Stocks >= 50% in value downwards per quarter

Preston, I thank YOU for your hospitality!

About qroc, I myself very often screen this sort of activity (though
not on a quarterly basis). In fact, I'm using things such as for e.g.
screening the advance or decline since a certain 'high probability'
top or bottom formation, or even when some indicators trigger buy or
sell signals.

Regards,

mc

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, pumrysh <no_reply@xxx> wrote:

> mc,
>
> Not sure what Michael's ultimate goal is but as I started thinking
> more about the idea of considering quarterly data I realized that
> there may be some real value in using something like this as a
> screening tool. With just a few changes the QROC could be used to
> look for stocks just starting to move although those moves are
> primarily in a southward direction right now. Still I see a great
> number of uses regardless of the markets direction.
>
> Oh and the version 2 of the Quarterly Period Indicator was a K.I.S.S.
> idea that my son had. His idea shows the quarter without
> consideration for the year.
>
> There are tons of ways to simplify these codes. Unless space is a
> priority I usually stay with a code that works and that is easily
> understood. The reason is that quite often the request coming in are
> something like "I'm new to metastock and would like some help coding
> this".
>
> I also love the eloquence of code which is short and sweet. Hopefully
> these type of contributions will stimulate our new friends into
> digging deeper into the nuances of the metastock coding lanquage and
> find out for themselves how much fun it can be.
>
> Thanks for the valued contributions!
>

> Preston
>

> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "p_panther_73" <mchantzi@>
> wrote:
> >
> > If I get it right, then adding one-two lines to Preston's code
> should
> > do the trick:
> >
> > qstart:=Frac(Month()/3)<>0 AND Ref(Frac(Month()/3),-1)=0;
> > a:=ValueWhen(1,qstart,C);
> > QROC:=100*(c/a-1);
> > lsq:=LowestSince(1,qstart,qroc);
> > lsq<=-50;
> >
> > This will plot a "1" whenever we have a more than 50% fall at any
> > point during the current quarter.
> >
> > It can also be used to indicate max fall during the quarter, if the
> > last line is replaced by simply plotting lsq.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > mc
> >
> > --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "mdtmn" <mdtmn@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Preston,

> [...]