[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Triple Moving Average Crossover

Charles -

You want both the shorter averages greater than the longest, and you
want to identify a cross. Preston is quite right that both crosses
occuring on the same bar is unlikey. (Guppy abandons crosses for the
most part, and looks at convergence of multiple averages. A different
set of issues.)

Possibly the following will help:

(ColA>ColB
and
ColB>ColC)
And
(Cross(ColA,ColC)
OR
Cross(ColB,ColC));

Ron

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "cherotree1" <mass54thcob@xxx>
wrote:

> Preston,
>
> Thank you for the reply! Of the suggestions that you mentioned, I
> have experimented with the "cross" function and I have had success
> with it using 2 moving averages but I can't seem to figure out how
> to utilize "cross" with 3 MA's (probably related to my lack of
> knowledge attempting to write Metastock code!). I have attempted to
> use "cross" in the original formula that I have posted in my
> original message but I keep receiving errors. Any idea of how I
> would incorporate "cross" into my original formula?
>
> I have not tried your other 2 suggestions yet. I decided to attempt
> to tweak the formula I have been working with since I am receiving
> the desired results; just not WHEN the crossover occurs. Any
> additional assistance from you is appreciated. Peace!
>
> Charles
>
> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, pumrysh <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > Charles,
> >
> > I can think of several methods that you could use.
> > Those being the cross function, barssince function, and the ref
> > function.
> >
> > One of the gurus popularizing multiple moving averages was Daryl
> > Guppy.
> > An explorer based on his ideas can be found at:
> >
> > http://trader.online.pl/MSZ/e-ex-
> > Guppy_Multiple_Moving_Average_Exploration.html
> >

> > Notice that the exploration uses column D for the present value
> and
> > column E for yesterdays.
> > The exploration then specifically looks for a less than zero
value
> > for yesterday and a greater than zero value for today. I would
> also
> > point out that the exploration uses oscillators but the idea is
> still
> > the same using moving averages.
> >

> > The cross function is pretty straight forward.
> > ColumnD: AB/CROSS
> > Cross(Mov(CLOSE,8,E),Mov(CLOSE,13,E));
> >
> > Finally there is the barssince function which will tell you how
> many
> > bars have elapsed since the event:
> > ColumnD: B/Since
> > BarsSince(Cross(Mov(CLOSE,8,E),Mov(CLOSE,13,E)));
> >
> > Hope this helps,
> >
> > Preston
> >

> > --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "cherotree1"
<mass54thcob@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > I am using the following code to identify securities in which 2
> > > shorter term moving averages are above a longer term moving
> average:
> > >
> > > Col A MOV-8: mov(c,8,e)
> > > Col B MOV-13: mov(c,13,e)
> > > Col C MOV-21: mov(c,21,e)
> > >
> > > Filter:
> > > colA>colB AND colB>colC
> > >

> > > The above code DOES give me a list of ALL securities which meet
> > that
> > > criteria (including columns with the various moving averages
> > > printed) but I was attempting to include code which will
> [...]

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)