Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Fw: Problem installing MS10.1EOD

Thank you for the answer Lionel
In fact I received a Trojan alarm from Avast when installing MS10.1, Equis
support told me it was normal and that I should continue installing it.
I use Avast and Zonealarm to protect my computer, I believe it is clean from
trojans and viruses but I'll scan it again anyway.
I didn't backup my registry, may I use System Restore tool instead?
The last message from Equis support says It could be a problem in my Windows
and I should format my HD and install everything again. This means many
hours of work and I'm going to try everything before doing this.
thanks again
Helio

2007/11/1, Lionel Issen <lissen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>   Have you checked for unwelcome intruders like viruses, Trojan horses and
> so
> on and so forth.
>
> If you backed up your registry before you made the changes, reinstall your
> old registry and start again.
>
> You may have some corrupted files/folders. Try to identify them. One way
> is
> to try opening those that are suspect. If they don't open properly, they
> may
> be corrupted.
>
> For help if your computer is hijacked go to
> http://www.geekgirls.com/index.htm and select security.
>
> The instructions are easy to follow but you need to be careful.
>
> Hope this helps
>
> Lionel

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional