[EquisMetaStock Group] Re:Kaufman's Adaptive Moving Average II

Again, let me strongly suggest that you read the formula primer
provided free by Equis and the owner's manual.

You're not a bother...that's what we're here for.

The formula needs to be in the indicator builder group.

Using the formula call you will be referencing its values.

Place the formula that I gave you in the explorer. If you don't want
the filter then just leave it off.

You may get an error stating "No indicator names in the indicator
builder contain this text" if the words are not spaced correctly.

If you get another error let us know what it says.

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, aztraderguy <no_reply@xxx>
wrote:

> Thanks for your response Preston.  Sorry to be a bother since I am
> still learning metastock language I'm sure these are things I am
> going to have to learn.  However, I still can't get this to work
even
> with your changes.  This formula should be in one of the columns,
> correct? Also, I don't think I need the filter do I since I am
just
> trying to come up with the KAMA value as of today?  Thanks
>
> First read the manual and the formula primer.
>
> Next change the formula to:
>
> Kaufman's Adaptive Moving Average II
> { Kaufman AMA indicator }
> PriceSeries: =Input("Prices series - 0:O|1:H|2:L| 3:C",0,3, 3);
> Periods:=Input( "Periods" ,1,32767, 20);
> FEndF:=Input( "Fast end factor",0,1, 0.666);
> SEndF:=Input( "Slow end factor",0,1, 0.0645);
> Pr:=If(PriceSeries= 0,OPEN,If( PriceSeries= 1,HIGH,
> If(PriceSeries= 2,LOW,CLOSE) ));
> Signal:=Abs( Pr-Ref(Pr, -Periods) );
> Dnoise:=Abs( Pr-Ref(Pr, -1));
> Noise:=Sum(Dnoise, Periods);
> EffRatio:=If( Noise>0., Signal/Noise, 0.);
> FERatio:=FEndF* EffRatio+ SEndF*(1- EffRatio) ;
> SmoothF:=Power( FERatio,2) ;
> PKAMA:=Pr*SmoothF+ (1-SmoothF) *PREV;
> PKAMA;
>
> On input variables the default value will be used for the
> exploration so I have changed your to default to 20 periods.
> Also corrected the if(,,) so you do not get and error.
>
> Open an exploration, select new.
>
> Name it.
>
> Under Column A enter:
> FmlVar("Kaufman' s Adaptive Moving Average II","PKAMA")
>
> Under Column B enter:
> Close
>
> Under Filter enter for longs:
> ColB > ColA