[EquisMetaStock Group] Re:Kaufman's Adaptive Moving Average II

Hello again Preston,
  Although the exploration is now working I think something must
still be off.  When I set the indicator to 20 periods and the Low and
put it on a chart I get a different result. The exploration for today
does not match the result when I place my cursor over today's close
on the chart.  Any idea why?

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, pumrysh <no_reply@xxx> wrote:

> Again, let me strongly suggest that you read the formula primer
> provided free by Equis and the owner's manual.
>
> You're not a bother...that's what we're here for.
>
> The formula needs to be in the indicator builder group.
>
> Using the formula call you will be referencing its values.
>
> Place the formula that I gave you in the explorer. If you don't
want
> the filter then just leave it off.
>
> You may get an error stating "No indicator names in the indicator
> builder contain this text" if the words are not spaced correctly.
>
> If you get another error let us know what it says.
>
> Preston
>

> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, aztraderguy <no_reply@>
> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for your response Preston.  Sorry to be a bother since I
am
> > still learning metastock language I'm sure these are things I am
> > going to have to learn.  However, I still can't get this to work
> even
> > with your changes.  This formula should be in one of the columns,
> > correct? Also, I don't think I need the filter do I since I am
> just
> > trying to come up with the KAMA value as of today?  Thanks
> >
> > First read the manual and the formula primer.
> >
> > Next change the formula to:
> >
> > Kaufman's Adaptive Moving Average II
> > { Kaufman AMA indicator }
> > PriceSeries: =Input("Prices series - 0:O|1:H|2:L| 3:C",0,3, 3);
> > Periods:=Input( "Periods" ,1,32767, 20);
> > FEndF:=Input( "Fast end factor",0,1, 0.666);
> > SEndF:=Input( "Slow end factor",0,1, 0.0645);
> > Pr:=If(PriceSeries= 0,OPEN,If( PriceSeries= 1,HIGH,
> > If(PriceSeries= 2,LOW,CLOSE) ));
> > Signal:=Abs( Pr-Ref(Pr, -Periods) );
> > Dnoise:=Abs( Pr-Ref(Pr, -1));
> > Noise:=Sum(Dnoise, Periods);
> > EffRatio:=If( Noise>0., Signal/Noise, 0.);
> > FERatio:=FEndF* EffRatio+ SEndF*(1- EffRatio) ;
> > SmoothF:=Power( FERatio,2) ;
> > PKAMA:=Pr*SmoothF+ (1-SmoothF) *PREV;
> > PKAMA;
> >
> > On input variables the default value will be used for the
> > exploration so I have changed your to default to 20 periods.
> > Also corrected the if(,,) so you do not get and error.
> >
> > Open an exploration, select new.
> >
> > Name it.
> >
> > Under Column A enter:
> > FmlVar("Kaufman' s Adaptive Moving Average II","PKAMA")
> >
> > Under Column B enter:
> > Close
> >
> > Under Filter enter for longs:
> > ColB > ColA