[EquisMetaStock Group] Re:Kaufman's Adaptive Moving Average II

Thanks for your response Preston.  Sorry to be a bother since I am
still learning metastock language I'm sure these are things I am
going to have to learn.  However, I still can't get this to work even
with your changes.  This formula should be in one of the columns,
correct? Also, I don't think I need the filter do I since I am just
trying to come up with the KAMA value as of today?  Thanks

First read the manual and the formula primer.

Next change the formula to:

Kaufman's Adaptive Moving Average II
{ Kaufman AMA indicator }
PriceSeries: =Input("Prices series - 0:O|1:H|2:L| 3:C",0,3, 3);
Periods:=Input( "Periods" ,1,32767, 20);
FEndF:=Input( "Fast end factor",0,1, 0.666);
SEndF:=Input( "Slow end factor",0,1, 0.0645);
Pr:=If(PriceSeries= 0,OPEN,If( PriceSeries= 1,HIGH,
If(PriceSeries= 2,LOW,CLOSE) ));
Signal:=Abs( Pr-Ref(Pr, -Periods) );
Dnoise:=Abs( Pr-Ref(Pr, -1));
Noise:=Sum(Dnoise, Periods);
EffRatio:=If( Noise>0., Signal/Noise, 0.);
FERatio:=FEndF* EffRatio+ SEndF*(1- EffRatio) ;
SmoothF:=Power( FERatio,2) ;
PKAMA:=Pr*SmoothF+ (1-SmoothF) *PREV;
PKAMA;

On input variables the default value will be used for the
exploration so I have changed your to default to 20 periods.
Also corrected the if(,,) so you do not get and error.

Open an exploration, select new.

Name it.

Under Column A enter:
FmlVar("Kaufman' s Adaptive Moving Average II","PKAMA")

Under Column B enter:
Close

Under Filter enter for longs:
ColB > ColA